How can Sprout Pro improve learning outcomes?
Regardless if it's in a classroom, in a lab or in the library, Sprout Pro is a learning environment for learners of all ages and abilities. With its dual touch interfaces, 2D and 3D scanning capabilities and education app ecosystem, Sprout Pro enhances and improves upon the way we interact with technology. Discover some ways that educators and students around the world are integrating Sprout Pro into their schools.
Sprout Pro by HP is the all-in-one Windows 10 computer designed to enhance project-based learning, promote collaborative engagement and spark creativity.
High quality STEAM Experiences
High quality STEAM experiences develop critical thinking skills, increase ICT literacy, and enable the next generation of innovators. Sprout Pro offers an array of tools and functionality to complement STEAM disciplines.
- 3D Design and Engineering: Scan 3D objects, edit with a suite of included apps, then hook up to a 3D printer for a complete end-to-end experience.
- Coding & Robotics: Augment the traditional coding environment with Sprout Pro’s built-in, dual work spaces. No need to toggle between screens or tabs – interact with the code on one screen and reference material or emulations on the other.
- Data-driven Research: Research and design-thinking require space to lay out thoughts and content. Sprout Pro’s two large work areas and paper-like 20-point touch mat make it easy to analyze large amounts of information.
- Teamwork: Groups benefit from Sprout Pro’s dual, multi-touch screens by being able to collaborate and create around a larger working surface at the same time. It features a robust 6th generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor1 and 1 TB hard drive2 for fast performance and lots of space.
Create Rich Content & Document Work
Sprout Pro’s combination of touch interfaces, multimedia apps and built-in camera feeds make it an ideal tool for project-based learning and creative, media-rich documentation.
- Flipped classroom: Enable remote learning and empower student-led video documentation with a web-cam, downward-facing camera and dual-screens that can showcase physical objects and multiple environments simultaneously.
- ePortfolios: Capture, record and revise material for student self-assessments with Sprout Pro’s easy manipulation of 2D and 3D objects, video capture tools and other creative apps.
- Visual Presentations: Create rich presentations using videos, add sketches with the Stylus, and instantly scan 2D or 3D objects for yearbooks, marketing flyers and other expressive projects.
- Sketching & Annotating: Draw comfortably on Sprout Pro’s natural and paper-like touch mat. Use the included Stylus to annotate or sketch in an ergonomic manner.
Present and Showcase in new ways
Strong presentation skills are paramount to future success in college and the workforce. Sprout Pro’s dual cameras and large touch screens - combined with optional apps - enhance the way teachers’ present and students’ showcase their work.
- Blended Content Presentations: Dissect a frog on the touch mat or zoom in on a fungal sample with the Magnifier App. Present monitor and camera feeds to the whole class simultaneously with External Display Mixer. Or share remotely in real-time with optional apps like Sprout companion for Skype™ for Business3.
- College and internship interviews: Give students the tools to present themselves and their work in new, engaging ways. With Sprout companion for Skype™ for Business, students can switch between the webcam and downward-facing camera instantly and perform 2D captures during calls.
- Storytelling: Encourage deep understanding, thought explanation and creative expression through storytelling with the Stop Motion4 app. Capture individual frames easily to compile a fun, unique video with images, music, custom backgrounds and more.
1 Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
2 For hard drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
3 Skype™ for Business: Internet access required and not included; Microsoft Office subscription required. May require download from developer.
4 Stop Motion app is optional and available to download at no cost from the HP Marketplace